Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Half Way There!

This last fill was the half-way mark of this expansion!  We have been home for 6 weeks, and we leave for Chicago exactly 6 weeks from today.  My expanders, however, have surpassed the the half-way mark!!  My current totals are: 475cc in my back expander (which is a 750cc expander), 225cc in my left leg and 235cc in my right leg (both of which are 350cc expanders).  So if things continue as they have been going this round, I should return to Dr. Bauer with awesome volume and lots of great skin for him to use.  We pray every day that the second half of this round is as uneventful and smooth as the first.

Mom got some great shots this week...

I am all smiles while daddy fills my back expander!
A close up of the deed.
Playing on mommy's iPhone to keep me distracted!
Back is at 475cc, left leg is at 225cc and right leg is at 235cc
 

 
You can really see how the expanders are becoming an extension of my body.  The only little issue we're having is that the right leg expander has a couple of sharp points (you can see one of them in the above photo).  We are hoping it will fill out soon, because the stress could begin to break down the skin.  For now, mom and dad keep some foam tape over the points, which helps to disburse the pressure. 

Please pray with us that we are able to return to Chicago as scheduled on October 4 after an uneventful and infection-free round of expansion.  We never take for granted that it is going well, though we thank God for this blessing.  Complications can arise at any time, but we are hopeful that we won't see any this time.  Stay tuned... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment