Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Back on Track

I'm happy to report that nothing came of the fever that was stumping us last week.  It came, it went.  Who knows if it was a fluke or if the antibiotics Dr. Bauer started me on right away took care of the problem.  It lasted only one day and I didn't develop symptoms of any other illness or expander infection.  Whew!

Dr. Bauer asked us to get through the weekend and check in with the office on Monday before doing the next injection.  Since I was doing so well, we got the go-ahead Monday morning and did the fill later that day.  Things went well and dad got 90cc into my back expander!!  We have never gotten that much injected at once.  My legs each got 30cc of saline.  They could probably have taken a little more, but we've been advised to take it easy on the legs at the beginning of this expansion.  It's going to get difficult for me to walk with all the extra weight on my legs, so no need to go into this expansion with guns blazing.  As long as we complete all the fills, we'll get the volume we want.

Waiting for my fill.  Mom and dad use a "silly shirt" (the mesh medical bandage) to help hold my lidocaine covers in place.  It made me feel better for "Tiggy" to have one too!
So here's my bubbles, really beginning to fill out...

Back at 270cc; Legs at 110cc each



We are so thankful that nothing came of last week's complications.  We are back on track and looking forward to getting through this expansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment