Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Couldn't Be Happier

Things are going great!  Really, about as good as we could hope for.  I am healing nicely, still.  My expanders look good.  I am happy and comfortable, although I'm still working out the physical kinks in adjusting to sitting and bending with my new leg expanders.  And we've done my first fill, which I might say was the best experience we've had to date!

Mom and dad prepped me as usual on Sunday for my injection.  When they began to put the lidocaine on, I got nervous and I let them know it!  At that point, they were a little concerned that I would go back to struggling and screaming for the procedure.  But I manned-up and when it came time to do it, I layed down on my belly, put a smile on my face, and played a game on mommy's iPhone while they did the deed.  No tears, no fuss, no muss. 

As instructed, they started slow, and only filled one syringe per expander.  My back expander got 60cc and each leg expander got 30cc, so now I'm at 180, 80 and 80, respectively.

Still playing with mommy's phone.  I am so smart!

My bubbles after the fill.  You can see them starting to fill out now!

Me, in all my glory, and as cute as can be!
My expanders felt great after this fill and each of them easily could have handled more, so my next injection should go really well.  We look forward to finding out!

The only small issue we've encountered so far this round is that one of my ports (the one in the nevus) is very puffy. Take a look...


Dr. Bauer initially thought it was fluid build up, which would make sense because dad pulled my drains on Sunday as well and one of them (which was still draining nicely) was very close to this port.  So, we were instructed to prep for a fill, but to go in with an empty syringe and stop the needle between the skin and the top of the port to attempt to drain the area.  Getting the needle in this teeny tiny space was no easy feat, but dad did a good job.  Problem is, no fluid came out.  So Dr. B said to let it be for now.  There is a possibility that it's just puffy for no apparent reason.  He's seen it in a patient or two in the past, and as long as dad can still access the port for my fills, it shouldn't cause us any trouble.  And, it might just soften and flatten all on its own in time.   

So now we are half way through the week and excited to do my next fill.  We pray that things keep going smoothly and that this puffy port doesn't present any problems.  Keep checking back for more on my adventures!  

No comments:

Post a Comment