Sunday, July 25, 2010

One With God

Today, I reached a milestone, even though I am only 2 1/2 months old... I was baptised.  Although I may not understand any of this yet, my parents welcome me to accept God into my life.  They have faith that He will take good care of me, and they want to begin sharing their beliefs with me. Just before the ceremony, my mommy adorned me with a St. Joshua pendant.  She believes this will give me strength in the medical endeavors that lie ahead and nearby.  For those who are unfamiliar, Joshua -- biblically -- was a fighter and a believer.  And he succeeded in the massive undertaking that was commanded upon him.  My mommy and daddy have faith that I, too, will succeed in the face of the challenges awaiting me. 

Mommy and daddy had a nice family celebration for me afterwards at our house.  While they enjoyed spending the day with everyone, I just slept.  But that's ok, it was an exhaustng morning! I received some very nice gifts that I will cherish forever.  Thank you, to those who were there, for being a part of my special day!

Children are a gift of the Lord.  Psalm 127:3
My St. Joshua Pendant
How cute am I in my little tux?

No comments:

Post a Comment