Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a Date!

YES!  Wendy just called from Dr. Bauer's office with my first two surgery dates: December 30, 2010 and March 24, 2011.  Wow, I can't believe it!  Even though those dates are kind of far away, it is nice having the actual dates to look forward too.  And I haven't even mentioned the best part yet -- my new buddy Sully is having surgery on December 30 too!  So not only do I get this process started this year, but I'm going to get to meet my South Dakota buddy in person.  I am super excited!

Mommy and daddy are relieved as well.  You see, when they met with the local pediatric surgeon on my one-week birthday, she told them I couldn't have my surgeries begin until I was at least two-years-old.  But when they discovered Dr. Bauer in Chicago, they learned that he prefers to start as young as possible.  He says our bodies are built better for the stretching and recovering when we're younger.  Don't worry, he's got plenty of experience.  Dr. Bauer he has been doing this for over thirty years and has more experience with nevus removal from babies than any other doctor in the world.  Plus, this way, my four main surgeries should be done by the time I am 18 months old.  I'll never even remember having them.

So, what else can I say except that "It's a date!"

1 comment:

  1. Just got the e-mail from Adrienne and want you to know that Josh is on our prayer list. He is Beautiful! Always remember that where God allows challenges, His grace abounds more! We look forward to seeing you when you come to Chicago. Let us know if we can do anything at all and, of course, you know you are always welcome at our house. We love you all! The Ament's

    ReplyDelete