Monday, November 21, 2011

Two Weeks

Two weeks.  We leave again for Chicago two weeks from tomorrow.  My next surgery is two weeks from this Thursday, which happens to be Thanksgiving.  And we return two weeks before Christmas.  Yes, it's going to be a busy holiday season!

It has been a wonderful few months since my last surgery, especially since I was able to play as a boy should be allowed to without regard for germs in disguise.  But it's time to start again, and we are gearing up.

My pre-op appointment was held this morning and everything seems to be fine, except that I am at the tail-end of a cold (we hope!).  My doctor gave mom a script in case I don't clear up by the end of this week.  But everything else is looking good.

About a month ago, Dr. Bauer asked mom for some updated pictures of me so he could begin planning this next round of expansion.  All of us are still on board, albeit cautiously, with Dr. B placing 4 expanders for this next round.  That sounds like a lot to handle, and it probably will be at the beginning.  But we know, from experience, that jumping in feet first to these difficult situations is the only way to do it.  I'm sure we will all adjust in time, and I only have to live with them for 12 weeks anyway.  If things go well -- if I get through this round sans infection, if my skin stretches well, and if I don't get sick too many times during expansion (requiring us to skip injections), this could very well be the last round of expanders.  We tread lightly, and don't have our hopes up too much, but it is a possibility that we pray for.
 
So, please think of me on December 8th, as I undergo this 5th surgery, and help us to pray for an infection-free and successful round of surgeries.  As always, we will keep everyone updated.  God bless.  

No comments:

Post a Comment