Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Round "1" is Officially Over

It's done.  I have made it from expander insertion to expansion to removal to healed.  Officially, this wasn't round #1, but it was the first successful round.  And it's over.

Yesterday, 4 weeks and 5 days after my removal surgery, the last of my wounds finally showed us that it had healed.  There is nothing left to do except to sit back and watch the scars begin to fade.  I am now gauze-free, ace wrap-free and worry-free for the next two months!  Surgery #5 is still three months away, but the germ consciousness will begin long before we leave.  Until then, we will savor the successes that we achieved in this round, and thank God for the gift that He has given me.  See for yourselves...





Over the last weekend, we celebrated this accomplishment and beat the scorching Phoenix heat by taking an impromptu trip to San Diego.  It was wonderful and we all had a great time.  It was just what we needed to wash away the last 4 months and re-energize the family.


Sis (below) and me (above) hanging out in Old Town
                                      

No sibling rivalry here!

I love to play "upside down Josh"!
Checking things out
First time at the beach.  Whoa, what is this stuff???

Well, whatever it is, it's hard to walk on!
Wooo, this water is ice cold!!!

My first carousel ride.  Sort of.  I didn't want to actually "ride" so mom just held me!

My first ferry boat ride!

A happy boy!

Flying a kite at Seaport Village

Man, this trip tuckered me out!


No comments:

Post a Comment