Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Good to Have Friends

One thing that this nevus world isn't lacking is good people.  We have made so many friends, literally from around the globe, over the last twelve months.  While we've been faced with a difficult situation, this aspect of it has been a true blessing.

On our latest trip to Chicago, we were lucky to spend time with some of these friends - some old and some new.  I have mentioned my friend Sully Nagel, from South Dakota, to you in the past - he is my nevus mentor and his mommy is the same for mine.  Because of what happened with my last round, my surgery schedule was thrown off track, but it put me on track with Sully.  We both had expanders placed on the same day, and our removal is on the same day as well!

We got to visit with the Nagel Family the night before surgery, spend time with them in the hospital, and also have dinner the day after surgery.  These are some of the most wonderful people on this planet, and it is purely awesome to have others along side of us on this adventure.

My good buddy, and idol, Sully

The two of us, getting to know each other

Sully getting a gander at my birthmark -
it's the first one he's really seen
and he was mesmerized!
   
Before we went home, we were also able to meet a new family, the Rigby's from Alabama.  Their little girl, Sophia, is 2 and just had her first excision.  We met for lunch, and had a great time getting to know each other. 

Beautiful little Sophie,
doing great after her surgery!



Thank you, nevus family, for being there for us.  We enjoy meeting each and every one of you.

1 comment:

  1. We couldn't love you guys more if we tried! I couldn't have hand picked better friends if I'd tried :) Hugs to you all

    ReplyDelete