Friday, May 20, 2011

Home and Happy

We made it home late Monday night, after one more check-in at Dr. Bauer's office.  They sent us home, assuring us that the healing process was going fine and we had nothing to worry about.  I am now 11 days post-op, and they seem to be right. 

It was easy to adjust to being home.  I am perfectly happy, and back to routine for the most part - the exception being my appetite. I am at full mobility and am walking even more than I was before surgery.  It's easy because I am unaware of my new bodily extensions.  And, since daddy removed my drains Wednesday evening - one day early because one of the needles broke off - I've been much more comfortable.

Unfortunately, things never go according to plan in this game, and it looks like we're going to miss my first fill this weekend.  My sister caught a mild cold the other day and it has passed to me.  You'd hardly know it - I don't feel sick and don't look sick.  But once in a while my nose runs and I sound congested, and that is enough to cause a postponement.  So we'll wait for me to clear up and maybe give it a shot during the upcoming week.  Until then, I'll hang tight with the 80 cc Dr. B sent me home with.

80 cc. We should increase to
600-700 before the next surgery.
                                                  
The only other cause for concern - though Dr. B is not concerned - is the appearance of my stitches in some areas.  They seem to be receding into the skin, which worries mom because that happened last time when I became infected, and the incision opened up repeatedly until the expanders were taken out only 15 days into the three-month procedure.  But there are currently no other signs of infection, and the incision seems to be stable, so the extra few days we have to wait to begin my fills isn't entirely a loss.  It gives me a little extra time to heal, and we're happy to take it slow.  Please help us pray that the healing continues, the incision remains stable, and that we can begin my fills very soon. 

Toward the bottom of this set of stitches, you
can see that they have "sunk" into the skin. 
Dr. B says it is probably due to swelling,
and not cause for alarm.

No comments:

Post a Comment