Wednesday, March 16, 2011

NOI in AZ

Nevus Outreach, Inc., the backbone of our support group, has gone a-travellin' and made a stop in Arizona just a few days ago.  We had a wonderful meeting, filled with new friends, new information, and a presentation by my very own dermatologist, Dr. Price. 

For people like me and my parents - in a situation embedded with fears, questions, lack of information and above all, no one around who knows what we're going through - an organization like NOI is not just a luxury; it is the epitome of our new lifestyles.  The nevus "family" we belong to is warm, accepting, sympathizing, gracious, and best of all, full of answers!  To get to spend some face-to-face time with some of them was such a highlight.  We would like to send out a big THANK YOU to the people behind NOI for their hard work and perseverance in making this spectacular organization available to those of us who desperately need it.  Truly, it has been a saving grace.

As I have mentioned before, we are also blessed with a fantastic and loving doctor who watches out for me and my nevus.  She took the time to join us at the meeting and even prepared a presentation about another new technology that we just might try out on some of my smaller spots some day... laser.  We'd heard about the idea of lasering spots before, but no one really had any good information on the technology and how it relates to treating nevi.  Now that we do, mom and dad are happy to know that there is a reliable option available for treating some of my smaller spots once we finish with my surgeries -- or maybe even a little beforehand.  It's nothing we're jumping into, but it's good to have in the back of our minds at this point.

Me with Dr. Price

My BFF, Zac (AZ)

See how well we play together?

Bryan (AZ), Diane (CA), Megan (TN),  Raye and baby KJ (NV)

My new buddy Brayden's mommy and grandma (AZ and IA)

The Rexroats (CA)

Deborah and baby Sophia (NM) with Dr. P and Megan

My BFF again, along with one of mommy's

Dr. P, hard at work!




No comments:

Post a Comment