Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Another MRI...

Ok, so my eyes haven't made it back to normal yet - the pupils are still unequal at varying times throughout the day.  Mom checked in with my neurologist about this, and he suggested that we talk to the opthamologist again.  So we left the doctor a message, and when he called back, he told mom to bring me right in.  We weren't there 5 minutes when he told us he was ordering an MRI - another MRI I should say. 

Before I go any further, I need to tell you that the opthamologist is not concerned about what he might find on the MRI.  But the last MRI I had when I was three months old didn't scan the areas he needs to see to check for what's going on with my eyes.  If the MRI is clear, I'm not sure if we'll ever get an answer about my eyes.  It may just be how they are from now on, but the doctor said it should have no medical significance.

That being said, as mom and dad were discussing this upcoming MRI, they realized something they hadn't before.  My other MRI was incomplete.  There are three parts of the spine to scan, and only one was done.  We have no idea why it was incomplete, and when we checked in with the dermatologist, she said the same.  There's not much of a point in asking why this wasn't brought to our attention in the past, we know now. 

So, since I'm already having another MRI, we're going to re-check my brain and check the rest of my spine for any NCM spots.  Hopefully, this will be done next week.  Until then, we are praying praying praying that I have NO NCM spots other than the small one they saw in my other MRI.  Please join us in this prayer. 

Now, go and have a happy Thanksgiving everyone.  I - we - are definitely thankful for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment