Thursday, November 4, 2010

It's Getting Close!

We are less than two months from my first surgery ... 8 weeks from today to be exact.  The hospital has already called to pre-register me, and mom has already received the forms for my pre-op physical.  My vaccinations are all up-to-date, which I had to receive early to accommodate my surgery schedule.  I will get my last two shots tomorrow and one month from tomorrow, and then I'll be ready! 

Today I saw an opthamologist, at my neurologist's request.  It was just supposed to be a baseline examination, and for the most part, it was.  He dilated my eyes and looked inside them.  Overall, he considered it a "normal" examination, but he did find some pigment at the optic nerve inside one of my eyes.  He said it's common and has no medical significance, so there's nothing to worry about.  He just told mom to bring me back in 2 years, and he'll keep an eye on my eyes probably annually from there.

We are also only about 3 weeks away from my appointments in San Fransisco.  Mom and dad are really looking forward to that and hopefully confirmation that my NCM is somewhat insignificant.  I am continuing to develop wonderfully, so that is a good sign.  Mom is writing this with a sad heart, however, keeping in mind that another young boy named Ryan, from Australia, recently died from complications of his NCM.  We are sending prayers to him and his family.

On another note, our cookbook fundraiser has been a great success.  There are few books left, and mom doesn't have any of them in hand.  Our church has been instrumental in helping us sell them, and has even received many donations from the tremendously generous congregation.  The church has around 50 or so books left, and then we will be out!  Mom hasn't decided yet whether she will order more, but she will keep everyone posted.  She says that if she does, it will be after surgery.  So, if anyone missed out, let us know right away and mom can grab the books from the church.  I'm so glad that everyone loves my book.  That really helps make the project worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment