Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Lookin' GOOD!

Tomorrow, I will be 5 weeks post-op.  Normally at this stage, we are doing wet-to-dry dressings three times a day, bundling me in an ace wrap, and cringing each time we unwrap it in fear of what changes may have happened during the day.  But, no sir, not this time!  This time is a rarity.  This time, we get to enjoy "the way it should be."  This time, I am FULLY HEALED at 5 weeks post-op.  It's about time we say it -- this was a (nearly) complication-free, 100% successful round of expansion!!!

My sutures were removed in the OR, under anesthesia, 2 weeks ago.  And as of yesterday, all minor abrasions were fully healed.  Mom sent Dr. Bauer some new photos and he agrees that we are in tip-top shape.  Nothing to do now but get back to a totally normal life, which we have been embracing with open arms.  Life. Is. Good.

Here I am, in all my glory, 100% healed after surgery #10....


The redness will reduce with time.  And eventually, the scars will be thin and light.  We are more than happy with the results thus far.  And, yes, we will be going back to Chicago one last time to finish things up.  Dr. Bauer agreed with our ideas for the final surgery, and it is scheduled for November 22.  We pray that it goes on schedule and that we actually do finish my surgical journey in 2013.  This is an amazing feeling... although we don't want to get ahead of ourselves.  The real relief will come when it's all over.  Please continue to pray with us for a smooth ending to this long and bumpy road, and for my NCM to continue as asymptomatic.  We are so very thankful that God has brought me to this point, and we know He is listening and watching over us.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi. I've been following your blog for a while and never really got into blogs Caleb's surgeries until this time. It is amazing how well everything has went with Josh. His skin looks amazing. Bridget
    http://millionotherthings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joshua! I just found your homepage googling your condition since my cousin has the same problem but on much much smaller level than you. I just wanted to say how amazing it is to see your journey and how brave you have been and how much expertise there is out there to help us survive. Super good luck with your scars. They will show, in the future, what a strong human being you have been and will be, to all that sees them. Lots of love from Sweden/ mm

    ReplyDelete