Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Living the Good Life

I know, I know.  It's been a while since I've updated.  Ok, a long while.  Partly, it's because I've enjoyed the blissful ignorance of a surgery-free life, even if only for a little while.  But partly, it's because I've been so busy enjoying myself on this break.

I am now officially 2 years into my nevus-removal.  Two weeks ago marked the 2nd anniversary of my first surgery.  With hope and prayers, I say that I just might be able to complete this process in a little over a year.

We will start up again exactly 10 weeks from today, when we fly back to Chicago. It will pretty much be the same old routine, except that this time, we really have no idea what's in store for surgery.  It may be an expander, or two. It  may be excision.  We are down to dealing with a very small amount of nevus, but also a very delicate area of my body.  And until we return to Highland Park Hospital on March 21, I don't think we'll know exactly what Dr. Bauer has in mind for this next round.

That said, we definitely have let a lot of things take our minds off of nevus removal and surgery.  We have taken advantage of every holiday activity out there, from Halloween fun farms to Christmas Zoo Lights.  We've done our best to celebrate every holiday this season to the max.  We even fit in a trip to Disneyland to boot.  And I have started both gymnastics and swimming lessons. Yes, this has been a wonderful break. And it's not over yet!

I know the photos you got to see in the previous post were not pretty ones.  So now that I am fully healed from this last round, here is the update.  It's looking and feeling great!   These were taken December 14, after healing from round #4 and surgery #8...




I'm not quite there, but darn I'm close.  I am not looking forward to starting up again.  But it has to be done.  And I am a trooper.  A warrior.  A hero.  I will get through it.  Check back in March, as there is more to come...

1 comment:

  1. Sending you warm wishes and hopes for a bright future hang in there.

    ReplyDelete