Monday, January 23, 2012

Still on Target

We haven't had a whole lot of excitement around here, which is why there has been a little delay on the updates.  The fills continued on as expected after the last post, until this past week.  There was nothing extraordinary going on, but I had a pretty bad cold, so the latest set of injections was postponed.  Until suddenly, the worst was over.  Just like that.  We got the go ahead today to continue the expansion, and voila, we are still on target and didn't even miss a fill.  How wonderful!

To sum up the past few weeks, the expanders have been filling as expected (based on our experience from month 1 of this round) -- the right side is doing great, and the left side is doing well too, although not as great as the right.  We really can't complain though.  Today, we completed fill #6, and I was even pretty calm for the entire process.  Finally, I caught on and it's just past halfway through this round. 

During today's fill, dad injected 40cc into my leg, 60 into my left back, and 80 into my right back.  Our totals are now ---- 280, 470 and 530!!!  Bearing in mind that we FINISHED the last round with 470cc and 505cc, and that we theoretically have 5 fills left in this round, we are doing fantastic!   Just check me out....





I know what you're thinking: those things are huge!  Yes, yes they are.  But we are proud of them!  And with God's grace, they will get much bigger.  Please keep those prayers coming.  We still have 5 weeks to go, and it's crunch time for keeping infection and sickness at bay.  Thank you all for the love -- I'm really feelin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment